Frequently Asked Questions
Below are our most frequently asked questions. Please check this page before getting in contact with us. Don't worry if you can't see your question, just contact us.
Returns & Exchanges
We usually send all our items out via Royal Mail. We use the Royal Mail 24 hour and 48 hour tracked service for all UK orders. We also ship most our international parcels using Royal Mail using their international tracked service.
It really depends where you are in the world. Below is a breakdown of how long items should take to be delivered.
UK Standard > 3 – 5 working days.
UK Express > 2 working days.
Europe (EG France, Germany etc) > 4 – 8 working days.
Rest of World (EG Australia, USA etc) > 7 – 14 working days.
If your item has not arrived in the times above then please contact us as there is usually always a reason for an item not to arrive on time.
If your parcel hasn’t arrived in the estimated time frame then please contact our sales team at [email protected] with your order number. It is very important that you supply us with your order number otherwise it makes it a much longer process for us to try and find your order.
Yes. We can ship anywhere in the world. When you select your shipping method at checkout our system will quote your postage costs.
If you want your parcel sent extra fast internationally then that is also possible. Please contact [email protected] for more information.
Shipping prices totally depend on where you are based in the world and how heavy your packages is. Our system will determine how heavy your items are when checking out.
Listed below are our current shipping prices (As of 2017)
UK Standard – £3.50 (When shipping upto 5KG)
UK Express – £5.95 (When shipping upto 5KG)
EU Standard – £7.95 (When shipping upto 2KG)
ROW Standard – £19.95 (When shipping upto 2KG)
For more information about our shipping rates then please email [email protected]
Returns & Exchanges
You have the right to cancel your order within 14 days of receipt of the goods. The easiest way to do this is to return the goods to us in accordance with the below instructions.
If you are unable to return the goods to us before the 14 day period has expired you need to notify us of your intention to cancel, always within the 14 day period. To do so, simply email [email protected].
For your convenience, you can use the cancellation form here. In any case, you must return the goods to us in their original condition within 14 days of the date on which you informed us that you wished to cancel (or, if you have not told us that you wish to cancel, within 14 days of receipt of the goods).
We will then refund your purchase within 14 days of receiving the returned goods or proof that the order has been returned, whichever is earlier. Any items returned to us must be in their original condition – if they’re not, we may be unable to accept them. We may make a deduction from the refund for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
Please click here to download our return form.
Unfortunately at this moment in time we cannot cover return postage costs. If we have made a mistake then we will 100% cover postage costs.
You have 14 days from the shipment date. Please notify as soon as possible with your refund request.
Once the item is back at our warehouse we will process the refund for you. This can take up to 3 working days depending on what payment method you selected.
The term ‘[business name]’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 56 Moor Lane, Clitheroe, BB7 1AJ. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
We have three grades. Grade A, B and C.
Grade A – This is the highest grade we have and means that this item is in great overall condition for its age. There are no holes, rips or stains. Please note that our items are still vintage and are not brand new and may still have some very slight signs of wear but nothing major.
Grade B – This means that this item does have a slight defect but nothing too major. We always explain in detail any defects with any product as well as taking close up pictures when needed.
Grade C – You won’t tend to find this grade that much on our site but it means that the item has a major defect such as a large rip. With all grade C items there will be close up pictures of the faults.
Yes. We wash, dry and steam clean every single item that you see on our site. We recommend that you wash the item again on arrival if you have problems with certain washing powders.
We always explain the item’s grade in the product descriptions. We may also add pictures of any defaults with the item depending on how bad the issue is.
In house at Retrograde HQ quality control is a big part of our business. As you can imagine with items that are second hand there can be cases where items have holes, rips, buttons missing etc. We have graders all over the world that work with our suppliers. These graders check the item at it’s source. We then get the item in and check the grade with our in house grading team.
If there is anything wrong with an item we always explain it in the product descriptions.
When an item doesn’t make the vintage cut we tend to sell them via another platform at cost price. In some cases we donate items that we have bulk of to local charities and people that need them more than us. We do not believe in landfilling and all clothing is suitable for something.